BEST CLOUD HOSTING
Cloud computing is the use of computing resources (hardware and software that are delivered as a service over a network(typically the Internet). The name comes from the use of a cloud shaped symbol as an abstraction for the complex infrastructure it contains in system diagrams. Cloud computing entrusts remote services with a user’s data, software and computation. The cloud providers manage the infrastructure and platforms on which the applications run. SaaS is sometimes reffered to as ‘on “demand software” and is usually priced on a pay per use basis. Saas providers generally price applications using a subscription fee.
End users access cloud based applications through a web browser or a light weight desktop or mobile app while the business software and user’s data are stored on servers at a remote location. Proponents claim that cloud computing allows enterprises to get their applications up and running faster, with improved manageability and less maintenance, and enables IT to more rapidly adjust resources to meet fluctuating and unpredictable business demand.
Cloud computing relies on sharing of resources to achieve coherence and economies of scale similar to a utility (like the electricity grid) over a network. At the foundation of cloud computing is the broader concept of converged infrastructure and shared services.
Here is the list of best cloud hosting provider companies worldwide
1. Sales Force is a very strong market leader, having developed 105,000 cloud computing applications that run in real time. The aim of the company is to develop applications that allow running the social media communication in real time.
The reason for its leadership is that the Ruby platform developed by Sales Force is deemed impenetrable by most of the corporate giants. Apart from that, the company has successfully integrated enterprise CRM solutions over the cloud platform.
2. Verizon Terremark: In spite of being on second position Verizon Terremark is of the most famous cloud computing platforms and is attracting corporate attention with the release of the new cloud computing platform. It is anticipated that it will be on top within the coming years. It provides high security, portability, and integration; they have built their
platform around these principles. They also offer single enterprise for small businesses.
3. Amazon: Amazon Web Services(AWS) was dominating the cloud market for the last three years and not just because of a strongly established reputation. They have introduced many security protocols in the online market and are expanding fast. It has introduced advanced security measures in the IT sector, leading to the reduction of identity and data theft due to the advanced security algorithms which they are applying. They have also increased their processing power three times this year in comparison to 2011 and 2012. This has allowed them to acquire clients.
4. Century Link: Century Link is one of the three telecommunication companies that entered the cloud computing market recently and made a standing name. It is a large company currently managing 48 internationally acclaimed data centers. Its position is worth as it acquired Savvi, a market leader in the cloud computing industry, and Qwest Communications International Inc., making it a very strong stakeholder when it comes to cloud computing data security.
5. Rackspace Inc.: Rackspace may be one of the dark knights of the cloud computing sector. Currently, 170,000 customers and 80,000 servers across the world are using its services. Although they have not been able to “rack up” to top position and billion-dollar customers, statistics show that they are one of the fastest- growing clouding companies across the globe. It gets this position and name from providing the services to individual customers rather than just corporate giants. Apparently, it is the only company which is providing individual hosting services with such features delivered at an acceptable price. Along with the individual hosting services, it also provides the customer with database management tools and a hybrid security program.
6. Google: Google has always been an online giant regardless of the services provided online. It has been the leading brand and had a lead over the competition. The same goes for cloud computing. But here it acquires the sixth position it may not be the best cloud computing company in the online market, but it is no push over either. With approximately 21% of the cloud computing customers in its side, Google is looking to expands its services even further. It is planning to expand the services and make them available to every individual on the planet.
Google has always been big on security and implements several security protocols such as ISP tracking, firewall, malware blocking and lot more. This makes it one of the top 10 cloud hosting companies.